Thursday, December 18, 2008

Now They're Just Getting Greedy

I opened up Firefox, it opened up World of Warcraft's homepage, my homepage, and I click on General Forums.

LO AND FREAKING BEHOLD: There are ads. Not just ones on the thread pages, but in each individual thread, all with individual URLs to prevent AdBlocking just the one image/website. However a clever forum poster found a solution, and I'm putting it here:

How To Remove The Ads:

Use Firefox (a given).
Download the following addon:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/521

Install then restart.

Now, open up a topic on the forums. Right click on the ads (or big black area if you are using Ad-Block), click RIP Advanced, then choose Remove From This Website option.

Now, right click on the area where ads are (or would be, if you are using Ad-Block) again, then click Remove This Permanently.

Voila, ads gone and frames fixed!

This worked perfectly for me, I just had to fiddle with hitting "Permanently Remove iFrame" a couple times to get all the layers to go away. Now I'm clean, just as a I was before.

Phew, close call.


You've been Hathorned

No comments: