Sunday, May 25, 2008

So... Those Kevlar Lined Walls...




So, I mentioned the Kevlar Lined Walls of Blizzard in my last post. As I may or may not have written about, I toured Blizzard headquarters back in the old building somewhere around 2005-6ish. My tour guide was the Chief Operating Officer, Paul Sams, who showed me around the whole joint. Before our trip started however, I met him in his office, which was adorned with things that anyone as into WoW as I am, would fall head over heels for. All the collectibles you can imagine, WoW Coke Cans from China, figurines, miniatures, everything! A side point, every 5 years with the company, the employees get a token, like a metal sword, or shield or something like that.

Anywho, before we started our tour, Mr. Sams told me a story about how they made a change to the game at one point, that made so many people mad, a mob of people came to the building with guns and started shooting at the walls. After that, they decided to get each outside wall reinforced with kevlar, to prevent anything like that from occuring again.

Anyway, it's late, and this entire post probably contains terrible sentence structure as I'm sure I'll find out in the morning.

You've been Hathorned.

No comments: