Monday, October 8, 2007

Long Time No Post

Hey everyone,

I know it's been a long time since I last posted but I've been bogged down with family, work, and general stuff. Family came in from California on Tuesday, left today, really enjoyed seeing them.

I've been playing a lot of golf lately but that's beside the point, I have a question to answer.


"Dear Hathorn, I'm somewhat new to the Druid class. My friend had too much to do with work and school, and gave me his 70 Druid. He's currently in quest blues as well as some 5 man gear, and is specced Feral. This is my "first" 70 that I've gotten to play, and I wanted to try and start raiding with my guild and wanted to know some good base stats to have to start Kara, and be efficient at DPSing, and tanking.
--Anonymous

P.S. Sorry for the anonymous, but I don't want to be caught by Blizzard for using someone else's account.

Thanks again!"

Well, thanks for the question Anonymous. Let's get to business.

Firstly, if you are looking for the type of gear you should use to tank, here is the perfect place.

All credit due to Emmerald for compiling such a great Feral Druid resource. As you see on the far left, the green numbers go in descending order of "effectiveness" the higher, the better. Of course, up at the top, you have specific slots, and Cat Burst DPS and Cat Sustained DPS.

Stat wise, what you're looking for tanking is:

19k armor (20k+ is recommended for post-Curator mobs.)
415 Defense if you have 3/3 SotF, if not, 490. (Get SotF.)
25-30% Dodge
13k HP
And some hit so you don't miss too many lacerates

For DPS:

~2k AP in Cat Form
~27% crit with LotP
~Attempt to be at the hit cap pre-Kara, if not ~90 or 100

You've been Hathorned.

No comments: